Miniatures: Royalist Whiteshirts

At long last I have eventually got around to painting some miniatures for England Prevails with a section of Royalist Whiteshirts aka Armed Police. The miniatures are from Urban Beat's 28mm range (which has been repackaged since I bought them with additional figures) which I must say are really well sculpted and easy to paint...


The first four are police armed with MP5's. One figure, now in a character pack was bareheaded and bald and I didn't like him so after attempting to sculpt a Green Stuff beanie I painted on a balaclava using Liquid Green Stuff (clearly to avoid identification and reprisals against his family by NUM hit squads).


The second four are CO19 Counter-Terrorist Police, not a lot of difference aside from the weapons and baseball caps instead of peaked caps but they mix well enough.

Why Whiteshirts? Well that is what the miners called the police in the NUM strike, an obvious play on the fascist blackshirts and as these will be fighting Republican trade union militias and Popular Front forces it seemed apt...

3 comments:

  1. Nice mini's and a creative use of liquid green stuff. I've not tried this product yet but I may give it a go now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I also have the original Urban Beat's sets of the MP5 armed police male and female. I am surprise to see that most of female figures are not available anymore. I hope that he will release some pistol armed police later.

    Cheers,

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve. Just came across your blog - great stuff! Can you please tell me the names of the James Clay articles? Looking to get copies. Any other good reading material appreciated. Please email me at brianjenglsh AT gmail DOT com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete